This breakout board is for the Bosch BMP180 (replaces the BMP085) high-precision digital pressure sensor. The BMP180 measures a pressure range of 300 – 1100hPa.
Measuring the absolute pressure of the environment using a digital barometer such as this has some interesting applications. By converting the pressure measured into altitude, you have a reliable sensor for determining the height of your system, plane or projectile!Using a sensor as capable as the BMP180 you can achieve accurary of 1m, with noise of only 17cm in ultra high resolution noise.
The BMP180 is the function compatible successor of the BMP085, a new generation of high precision digital pressure sensors for consumer applications. … Based on the experience of over 400 million pressure sensors in the field, the BMP180 continues a new generation of micro-machined pressure sensors.
- Supply Voltage: 3.3V – 5V
- Pressure Range: 300 – 1100hPa (+9000m to -500m)
- Interface: IIC (Max 3.4 Mhz)
- Indoor navigation
- GPS-enhancement for dead-reckoning, slope detection, etc.
- Sport devices, e.g. altitude profile
- Weather forecast
- Vertical velocity indication (rise/sink speed)